The Least of These

So, work was exhausting, took me a full day on Friday to recover, lethargic all day, and when I'm in that state I have nothing to share, except selfish thoughts and nobody wants to listen to that. Anyway, I have been considering lately the words that related to Jesus's reference to 'The Least of These', and when you invite people to dinner, to not invite the rich or those who can repay you but the blind, lame, poor, etc, you know the 'unlovely' people, either in your church or without, those that NOBODY else would invite to a dinner or party or whatever. Sometimes the current American version of these blind/lame/poor are simply the unwanted, those with personality defects, unable to hold a job , uninteresting, awkward, basically unwanted, and in some ways it would be easier to be with them if they were just blind/lame, or poor. What if I had a full house of them at dinner, what would that really be like, and would they be hurt that they were invited as part of this group. I guess you would have to invite some 'lovely' people as well so they wouldn't get that impression, but that is not my problem really, obedience is my real problem since I can talk a good game and sometimes just think a good game, now as my crowning achievement, ACT a good game. People need help yes, money, counsel, whatever, but what they want most is dignity  and to be loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visit to Cairo

My Visit to Anna, Illinois - July 18, 2017

My Visit to Eugene