African Cab Driver: United States 101 Lesson

The blue line in Chicago had a wreck at O'hare, so I decided to take a cab instead of the train and the cab driver was from Cameroon. I told him that I've never been to Africa, or anywhere overseas really, and I started to tell me how I really should go abroad since it would help me to appreciate the essence of the United States. He said there is no other country with such a system, and when I asked him to explain it he said the following, "In this country, if you want something you just go get it. You just have to follow the rules, and if you try to take shortcuts you will probably get caught. In other countries there are too many roadblocks and regulations",  What a lesson! If you want something just go get it. No complaining, no excuses, just go get it! Another inspiring lesson from an African cab driver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visit to Cairo

My Visit to Anna, Illinois - July 18, 2017

My Visit to Eugene